Help the Integrative Law Institute Transform Law Into a Humanistic Profession
The Integrative Law Institute is looking for a college student or recent graduate who would like to build a strong resume by volunteering with ILI as it launches its programs to teach lawyers humanistic, integrative conflict resolution skills that really help clients solve problems so that they stay solved.
Retaining a lawyer can be as anxiety-inducing as going to the dentist or signing into a hospital. The fears are realistic: lawyers often quite unintentionally cause serious harm to human relationships at the same time that they win legal victories for their clients. ILI means to bring the job definition of a lawyer into the 21st Century by teaching practicing lawyers a more humanistic way of working with people whose legal issues arise out of fractured human relationships.
We are in fund-raising mode and will be offering our first continuing education programs in the fall of 2012. ILI is on the leadership crest of profound change within the legal profession. If you want to make a real difference and have about ten hours a week to work with us on social networking and fundraising, we will return the favor by giving our intern or volunteer a strong reference and networking assistance in job search efforts.
Potential volunteer/interns should have:
- strong computer, web and social networking skills
- fluency in written and oral communications
- a confident, poised manner on the telephone
- intellectual curiosity and a sense of humor
- interest in law and/or conflict resolution and/or social change
- a creative, original problem solving approach
- at least ten hours a week to contribute to ILI work
- high standards for accuracy, responsibility, follow-through
- some background in psychology or communications is helpful but not essential
ILI cannot pay a salary or its equivalent but can provide a small stipend to defray expenses.
Work can be done at our office in Mill Valley, CA or at your own computer.
How to apply
Email to email@example.com, explaining why you would like to do this job and what you have to bring to this endeavor. If you have a resume, please include it.